After advancement in technology Election commission of India is now accepting new application for Voter ID Card online.
Online application is the most convenient and easiest way to procure a new voter ID card. By applying for Voter ID card online you do not need to travel to the office/camp of Voter ID card drive, also you do not need to wait in long lines which saves time. As specified in Indian constitution one must be at-least 18 years old to be eligible to cast vote, so before applying make sure about your age before applying. To know more about Voter ID card see Basics of Voter ID card
Benefits of Applying Voter ID Card Online
Applying for Voter ID card online is a convenient and time-saving way to enroll your name in voter list as well as get an important document for other purposes.
- Online registration enables you to complete the application procedure at your own time schedule. You need not come to a voter ID card center at a specified time frame.
- You can complete this process from the convenience of your home/workplace.
- It enables you to check your voter id card application status easily
- It saves you time
- You do not need to queue in long lines
- It enables you to get Voter ID card at your doorstep
- And finally there is less prone to errors due to distributed workload.
Eligibility for getting Voter ID card
- Applicant must be an Indian Citizen
- Applicant must be at-least 18 years old
- Applicant must not be mentally ill
- Applicant must not be bankrupt
Step-by-step Guide to apply for Voter ID Card online
It’s really easy to get yourself registered for Voter ID card online. Every state election commissioner manages this at their own, and Central election commission does not interfere with their workings. For each state the website is different but all are managed by NIC, and uses same application format. The format will contain the following common steps which you need to follow.
- Go to the official state election commission website for your state
- Navigate to enrollment for a new card
- Register yourself with your Email id and mobile no.
- you will receive login details by email
- Login to the website and fill required details like name, address, fathers name, part no etc
- Upload a passport size photograph (we suggest you a photo with light-colored background)
- Submit the application, and recheck the details in confirmation page
State wise Voter ID card Application guide
We will shortly upload individual links for each individual state.
What’s next after submitting Voter ID card application online?
After successful online application, visit nearest voters facilitates center with hard copy of your application and documents to complete the verification process.
We hope the following guild helped you to easily complete the Online Voter ID card application process. If you are facing any difficulties let us know in the comment section below. Also share this on Facebook, Twitter to inform your friends and family members.